What’s a StoryBundle, you ask?
Here. The scoop, directly from the horse’s mouth, from M.J. Rose herself:
It’s an exciting proposition to be given the opportunity to curate a bundle of books. Immediately you think of the terrific books you’ve read in the past few months. I wanted to give you an interesting and compelling bundle. And so I gave myself certain criteria the authors and books had to meet in order for me to include them.
- The books had to have critical acclaim. I didn’t want to choose books that hadn’t been vetted and gotten the stamp of approval not just by a few readers but by many. Like my friend Melissa Foster’s Come Back to Me. It’s a story about danger, loyalty and love. It was a FINALIST, Readers Favorite Award, Contemporary Romance, 2012, a FINALIST, in the Kindle Book Review Best Indie Books Award (2012) and a FINALIST, Next Generation Indie Book Awards (2012)
- The stories had to excel in what ever their goal was – if it was a romantic suspense like New York Times CJ Lyons’s FBI thriller Snake Skin then it had to be fabulous romance and heat throbbing suspense. And it didn’t hurt that bestselling giants like Lee Child and Sandra Brown have both praised Lyons for her excellence in the genre. Lee said CJ’s work is “Everything a great thriller should be – action packed, authentic, and intense.”
- The books had to be surprising – I didn’t want to feel like I’d read it before – because you would’ feel it too. And like Katia Lief’s Here She Lies. I know Katia and how hard she works to surprise us. Huntress Reviews said it better than I can. “If you love Alfred Hitchcock classic mysteries, then do not hesitate to buy this book. Just when you think you know what is going on, a new twist springs a fresh revelation on you. A fascinating read.”
- I wanted a mix of styles. So because sometimes it can get a little dark out there I wanted to offer a book that was as charming and sexy and funny as it was mysterious. And no one is better at that than New York Times bestselling author Jenna Bennett and I’m not the only one that thinks so – the critics love her. “The hilarious dialog and the tension between Savannah and Rafe will delight fans of chick-lit mysteries and romantic suspense.” – Library Journal
- I wanted books where you would remember the characters long after you closed the book and moved on. And no one creates characters who move you than Emily Sue Harvey. It was my friend, the NYT bestseller Steve Berry who first told me about Unto These Hills. He said it is “A subtle tale deep with character and southern atmosphere to die for. Emily Sue Harvey has a sure touch and strong voice. She’s a talent to watch.” And is he ever right!
• Come Back to Me by Melissa Foster
• Nerves of Steel by CJ Lyons
So there you have it. If this sounds like something you can get behind, visit StoryBundle and do your worst. Happy shopping!