I couldn’t resist this one. Not sure who wrote it originally, or I’d give credit where credit is due. It came to me via my husband, who got it from his mother.
1. The later you are, the more excited your dogs are to see you.
2. Dogs don’t notice if you call them by another dog’s name.
3. Dogs like it if you leave a lot of things on the floor.
4. A dog’s parents never visit.
5. Dogs agree that you have to raise your voice to get your point across.
6. You never have to wait for a dog; they’re ready to go 24 hours a day.
7. Dogs find you amusing when you’re drunk..
8. Dogs like to go hunting and fishing.
9. A dog will not wake you up at night to ask, “If I died, would you get another dog?”
10. If a dog has babies, you can put an ad in the paper and give them away.
11. A dog will let you put a studded collar on it without calling you a pervert.
12. If a dog smells another dog on you, they don’t get mad. They just think it’s interesting.
13. Dogs like to ride in the back of a pickup truck.
And last but not least:
14. If a dog leaves, it won’t take half of your stuff.
To test this theory:
Lock your wife and your dog in the garage for an hour. Then open it and see who’s happy to see you.
4 thoughts on “Why Some Men Have Dogs And Not Wives”
I’ve seen that via email, too. It makes me laugh every time I see it. Dogs are my choice pets, and I think they’re just wonderful.
I love dogs, too. Mine looks a lot like the one in the picture. A little Llasa Apso mix. She’s a girl, though. She’d be wearing fairy wings and a tutu instead of the tux. 🙂
It is wonderful! Thank you for sharing I just finished reading it to my husband! No he cannot replace me with a dog!
It’s fun, isn’t it? I can’t take any of the credit, though. It arrived in my email box. But it was too good not to share!
Comments are closed.